Part Of The 10/40 Window
Japan is a part of what is called the 10/40 Window. This is an area on a map between 10° North to 40° north of the equator stretching North Africa through the Middle East and Asia to Japan. This area of the world contains the largest populations of people groups in the world and the largest population of people who have little to no exposure to the gospel. Should (and when) the Lord brings about revival in Japan it will have the financial resources and greater access to reach deeper into the 10/40 Window with the gospel.
10/40 Window facts
• 95% of those who have not heard the gospel live here
• 90% of the world’s poor live here
• Most persecuted nations are here, about 1000 Christians killed every year
• Less than 10% of the world’s missions force ministers here
• Less than $1 of every $100 of missions giving goes here
• The top fifty least evangelized cities in the world are all here
• Most of the nations in 10/40 are closed to western missionaries
Detailed information about each country in the 10/40 window and the rest of the world along with population charts and cool graphs can be found at www.joshuaproject.net. The site is very well done and cool looking, you will find there a lot more informative pictures like the one below… notice the red areas are the same area in the 10/40 Window map above.